Followers

Thursday 15 February 2018

There is a certain beauty in illness…



Sharing a card made for a colleague who isn’t well featuring the super cute Beary Sick from Mo’s Digital Pencil.


I used the sketch over at Hand Stamped Sentiments for the layout of my card.  For some added interest I cut a large stitched rectangle for the rectangle element in the sketch but used the negative.  Love that these Simon Says Stamp! Stitched Rectangle dies have stitching on both the positive and negative cut.

I was going to play along at As You Like It in their favourite way to add stitching challenge but in going to blog this card now I find I’ve missed it.  I’m a lazy crafter so it was faux by the way.  But fortunately, I can still play along in the current challenge as they are asking your favourite way to add a sentiment.  Where I have an appropriate one it is definitely stamping.  I love being able to do a second layer in embossing ink and adding clear embossing powder over any colour ink to give a lovely raised texture and shine.  I love that I can match the colour ink to my colouring and I particularly love that someone else has done all the hard work of centring multiple lines of text!

While the bear is wearing striped PJs, I wanted to play along at Animal Friends and wasn’t sure it was enough stripes.  So I found some lovely Maja striped paper in my stash that looked a bit like pyjama fabric, it was just perfect for this masculine get well card.  I added a sentiment from Stampin' Up! stamped in blue ink.  Finally, I finished off the card with a small sprinkle of silver stars to cover off the splatter element in the sketch.

Oh, and Mo’s gorgeous bear isn’t just perfect for a masculine card, it reminded not just me of my colleague but all our other colleagues who also signed the card!

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Simon Says Stamp! Dies ~ SSSD111455 Stitched Rectangles
Embellishments
Foil Stars from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colors ~ No 35 Carmine Red, No 44 Light Brown, No 46 Brown, No 47 Dark Brown & No 61 Cornflower Blue
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Hickory Smoke & Spun Sugar
Papers
Arches Watercolor Paper ~ 185gsm Smooth
Bazzill Card Shoppe Cardstock ~ Marshmallow
Bazzill Monochromatic Cardstock ~ Twig
Core’dinations Tim Holtz Collection Distress Cardstock ~ Weathered Wood
Maja Design CreaDiem ~ Så länge jag lever (As long as I live)
Stamps
Mo’s Digital Pencil ~ Beary Sick
Stampin’ Up! ~ Thoughts & Prayers
Challenges


http://handstampedsentiments.blogspot.com.au/2018/02/hand-stamped-sentiments-sketch.html

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. Eine ganz süße Karte.
    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.
    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card! Fun image and I love your colouring/colours. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute and what a nice little pick me up to receive when you are under the weather! Thanks for sharing it with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deine Karte ist total niedlich. Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme bei der Animal friends Challenge. LG Karina

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is oh so totally adorable and fabulous. Thanks for linking up with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute image for this card for someone who is sick. Great coloring! Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sehr schön gemacht! Vielen Dank für deine Teilnahme bei den Animal Friends.

    LG Heike

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: