Followers

Sunday 25 June 2017

…il vous flatte pour un temps, et puis vous allume tout d'un coup une fièvre continue…



I got in a second Christmas card this weekend; this one features the cute The Penguin and the Marshmallow stamp from Stamping Bella.


My card layout is from CAS(E) this Sketch where I’ve used my stamped image as the round element.  I added the sentiment from the set and heat embossed it, stamping in Gathered Twigs Distress Ink first and then embossing ink with clear embossing powder over the top.  I’ve gone with a muted brown tone to my card to match the hot chocolate the penguin is drinking.

Over at Jingle Belles they are looking for stars or stripes on your card.  I’ve gone with stars with a piece of starry designer paper from Maja Design’s Home for the Holidays collection.  I made my own star embellies too with some La-La Land copper foil and a star punch.  I love that foil, my crafty friend gave me a sample and I’m using up every scrap!

I’m also entering my card in the current challenge at Crafty Gals’ Corner where they’re looking for projects for any holiday.

Ingredients:
Chalks & Powders etc
Inks & Paints etc
Kuretake Gansai Tambi Water Colours ~ No 10 White, No 20 Black, No 33 Orange, No 36 Wine Red, No 43 Lemon Yellow, No 46 Brown, No 50 Pale Aqua, No 57 Turquoise
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Embossing, Gathered Twigs
Papers
Maja Design Home for the Holidays ~ Traditions
Pion Design Palette ~ Brown I
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. What a lovely color combination ... and such a cute little image ... so glad you joined us with your *stars* at jingle belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily this card is adorable. Certainly fits our challenge very well. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Gals Corner Challenge. Hope to see you again soon and best of luck! Jana DT/CGCC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhhhhhhh what an awesome card! that penquin is ADORABLE and the star paper is the perfect background! i love your little star accents, too, the perfect finishing touch! so happy you could join our JINGLE BELLES fun! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable take on the sketch--that penguin is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: