Followers

Monday 12 June 2017

But softly gives itself away



We had a long weekend here so I used the extra day off to catch up on my Christmas card from last week and decided to do one featuring a die cut from Cottage Cutz, Lantern with Holly Vine.


 My card follows the layout from CAS(E) thisSketch.  My lantern is the rectangular element and instead of doing some kind of background I split my white base with the holly vine.  To make the rectangular element more prominent I added in a sentiment from the Scribbly Christmas set from Tim Holtz.

Over at Christmas Card Throwdown they are looking for you to raid your stash of embellies for gems, pearls or sequins.  I went with pearls and used them for the berries instead of the teeny tiny cut outs from the die.

I’m also entering my card at ABC Christmas in the M for More than one theme.  I’ve cut my die cut more than once to get the layers and to have enough holly vine, I’ve also got more than one layer to my card (matted in green and red to match the holly and berry) and more than one pearl.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Cottage Cutz Die ~ CC-170 Lantern with Holly Vine
Embellishments
Inks & Paints etc
Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers ~ Carmine Red & Yellow
Papers
House of Paper Romanesque Paper ~ Pearl
Mondi Color Copy Paper ~ 200gsm White
Stampin’ Up! Cardstock ~ Emerald Envy & Real Red
Challenges
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz Collection ~ CMS249 Scribbly Christmas
Challenges
Christmas Card Throwdown #12 ~ Stash (Gems, Pearls, Sequins)

Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments:

  1. Lovely use of the die cuts, the lantern is great and the holly winding through it is beautifully pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at the Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty to have the holly twisting through the lantern. The little gem berries are perfect.
    Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A super, stylish card! I love the pearls as berries! Thanks for joining us at CCT, April x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Très jolie carte Emily, sobre et pleine de charme, j'aime beaucoup tes perles baies de houx, merci de jouer avec nous chez CCT, biz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely clean, crisp card. The die cut lantern and holly are lovely and the little pearl berries are perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with our stash challenge at Christmas Card Throwdown. Deborah, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful christmas card...lovely use of the die cuts. Many thanks for joining in with our L and M challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge.
    Dorte x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: