Followers

Thursday 7 January 2016

Come, on wings of joy we’ll fly...



My card today has been made for a colleague for her wedding and features die cuts instead of stamping as the focal feature.


The design of this card was inspired by Redanne who made a beautiful butterfly version, check out her blog to see her original and other gorgeous pieces.  I loved her card from the moment I saw it and knew I wanted to make one someday for something special.  So I went out and bought an accordion card die and then I waited for that special event, which finally came in the form of a wedding.

The bride is not really the traditional white flouncy sort which ruled out an all-white version.  So I was checking out challenges for some colour inspiration and it came from the elegant photo over at Cupcake Inspirations.  The lovely creamy icing looks (at least on my monitor) like the colour paper I’ve used to die cut the birds, the dusting of golden sugar flakes inspired the dusting of gold foil on my birds.  I didn’t have any cardstock in the same cupcakey beige so decided to go with some Kraft instead.  I liked the contrast of the dark table under the cupcakes but thought black would be too harsh for a wedding card so I used a darker brown cardstock to layer over the frame.

I’m not sure how Redanne managed to get her acetate pieces to glue together; I couldn’t so finally cleaned off all the hardened glue and attached them with jump rings.  Guess that’s what happens when you try something new!  And this card does feature a few new things for me, the bird die set is a recent purchase and never used before, the accordion style card is new for me and frankly using brown for a wedding card is a new thing for me too.  With all my new things I am entering my card over at Die Cut Diva’s current challenge.

The current theme at Penny’s Paper-Crafty is for more than one fold, which I have in this card so I am also linking my card up there.

Ingredients:
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Elizabeth Craft Designs Die ~ 772 Accordion Oval Card & 777 Oval Flourish Frame Edges
Noor! Design Die ~ 6002/0258 Blue Oval
Tim Holtz Alterations Decorative Strip Die ~ 659425 Birds in Flight
Papers
Core’dinations Smooth Cardstock ~ Kraft
Core’dinations Textured Cardstock ~ Chocolate Mocha
House of Paper Romanesque Card ~ White Champagne
Challenges
Die Cut Diva’s ~ NEW Technique, Die, Stamp, Colours

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful project with great detail. Thank you for sharing at The Diva's that cut.....paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unusual wedding card, I love the colour and those birds are fabulous. Thanks you for sharing with us in our challenge at Penny Paper Crafty and we would love to see back with us soon. Jennifer DT member x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such an unusual and beautiful card. Stunning.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such an amazing project - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing work of art you created for your colleague; this will be a treasured keepsake! I'm delighted that you drew inspiration from the Cupcakes photo, and translated it into your wonderful creation. Thank you for sharing your artistry at Cupcake Inspirations!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! This is spectacular! I love how you used the die cuts! The bride is going to just LOVE this creative and thoughtful card! So glad you were inspired by our Elegance Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and hope you will share more of your creative skills in future challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is amazing! The gold touches on the birds are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, thank you for sharing with us at Penny's, and good luck..Hope to see you again soon.

    Caz PPC DT xx
    My Blog
    Polkadoodle's
    Pennys Paper-Crafty

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is beautiful - such an elegant design.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A great project!
    Thank you soo much for taking part in our "more than 1 fold” challenge over at Penny’s.
    Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well…

    Hugs,
    Melanie
    (DT Penny's Paper Crafty Challenges)

    (DT-Coordinator Creatalicious Challenges)

    (DT Come and Get It)

    (DT Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: