Followers

Wednesday 23 December 2015

Well, I'm not really from Mattel…



I’m sharing a card for my nephew’s birthday which I have created a cute scene for using a freebie from Sliekje’s Digi Stamps (hi), Robot Chip 2 from Scrapper’s Delights and T Rex by Some Odd Girl.


I needed some inspiration for this card and went looking for some challenges, the first to catch my attention was the metallics theme over at Use Your Stuff.  When I also liked the current sketch at Try Stampin’ On Tuesday and their twist was to use metal I knew that I was clearly meant to have metal on my card.  My first thought was a robot toy so off I went hunting for digis, in the process I found the cute T Rex image and knew I wanted to incorporate that too as I actually bought my nephew a dinosaur toy for his birthday.  I found a few robot images but went with the Scrapper’s Delights’ one as his hand being up worked in with the cute little boy digi, which was way cuter than any others I came across.  Big thanks to Sliekje for generously providing her digis for free.

So I have two kinds of metallics on my card, my robot is coloured to be made of metal and I have metal embellies in the cute steering wheel (which goes with the trucks on the washi tape I used) and propeller (which reminded me of the propellers on kids’ hats).  Over at Creatalicious their theme is to use something old and something new.  My digis are new, bought especially for this card, while my designer paper is old, been in my stash for maybe a couple of years at least, but suited the whole play theme I have going.

Think this turned out super cute.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eye E30, E34
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, BV04, BV13, BV23, BV25, BV29, E81, E84, E87, E89
Robot B00, W00, W1, W3, W5, W7
T Rex E40, G40, G43, G46, YG91, YG95, YG97, 0
Embellishments
Prima Ingvild Bolme Junkyard Findings ~ Car Parts & Steampunk Air
Inks & Paints etc
Papers
Bazzill Smoothie Cardstock ~ Huckleberry Pie
Echo Park Summer Days ~ Scene
Ribbons & Trims etc
Washi Tape from stash
Stamps
Challenges
Use Your Stuff #204 ~ Metallics

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great card! Fantastic coloring job and I love your embellishments! Thanks for playing along with us at Try Stampin' On Tuesday and Use Your Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card! Your coloring is amazing and I love that you incorporated a bunch of different digis to make your scene! Really nicely done! Thank you for joining us at Use Your Stuff and hope to see you again. Happy New Year!
    Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card for your nephew, Emily! And I love your coloring...it's awesome! Thanks for sharing with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.
    Sara H.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: