Followers

Monday 1 December 2014

“Hope” is the thing with feathers…



There are a couple of ladies on the Simply B Stamps’ Fan Page who are fighting cancer so a group of us are making cards to brighten their day and here is my first featuring Go Pink Betty.


I’ve done the card up in white and teal as they are the colours for cervical cancer, which Rachel sadly has and kept it fairly CAS.  CAS is the current theme at Crafting When We Can so I’m entering it in there.

I tried to do the butterflies on the teal paper in white but I didn’t have any other white ink pad handy other than my StazOn and I think it dried up so they are sparkly but not white and a bit hard to see.  They are, however, embossed so I am entering this in the current challenge at Time Out.

To jazz it up a bit I did add some extra sparkle and bling in the Sparklets, with those I have the twist for the Time Out challenge and also meet the theme for Fairytale Stampers' current challenge so am also entering my card there.  I swapped the sentiment element for my Sparklets as I used a Tim Holtz Word Band instead of a ribbon slide; I thought the sentiment was fitting.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E000, E00, E11, E21 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E23, E25, E27, E30
Lips R24, R29, R46
Hair E21, E23, E25, E27, E29
Outfit BG11, BG49, BG53, BG57
Chalks & Powders etc
Lindy’s Stamp Gang Embossing Powder ~ Magic Moon Pearls
Embellishments
Kaisercraft Sparklets ~ Sea Breeze
Tim Holtz Idea-ology ~ Word Bands
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink ~ Peacock Feathers
Papers
Kaisercraft Cardstock ~ Coconut
Ribbons & Trims etc
White Ribbon from stash (coloured with Peacock Feathers Distress Ink)
Stamps
Marion Smith Designs ~ Mad Tea Party Curious (Butterfly)
Challenges
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. The crisp white with the teal is fabulous, Emily ... and those butterflies are so wonderfully shimmery in the background! Amazing colouring! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful colouring, great card design. Thank you for sharing with Fairytale Stampers - Myrna (GD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool! Your colouring is fantastic!
    Thanks for joining us at Fairytale Stampers!
    Hugs,
    Conny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dreat card to send to your freind! The subtile butterflies are beautiful. Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card Emily. You have a beautifully coloured image and the colours look fab.

    Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us at Crafting When We Can Challenges. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: