Followers

Wednesday 12 February 2014

We are not always what we seem, and hardly ever what we dream



Today I have a beautiful new image from Simply B Stamps’ Steampunk range, Lady Amalthea.


With the big crescent moon I just had to go with silver tones on this card and the great sketch at the Friday Sketch blog provided the perfect frame for Lady Amalthea.  And while this is a Steampunk project, it is also lovely and girly and with Lady Amalthea dressed in her finest and out at night I’ve got the current theme at Die Cut Diva’s covered, not to mention the die cuts with my Spellbinders.  Love how they do the embossed edge and perfect layering.

I decided to take a trip with Desert Island Crafters to help decorate this project, I couldn’t get all 10 items on the itinerary on here but I did get birthday, embossing (helped add to the vintage feel along with my distressing), ribbon or twine (does lace count? it worked better on the vintage feel than any of my myriad ribbons), some sparkle (hard to see on the photo but there’s a lovely sparkly shimmer to the background of the image thanks to some metallic chalks), and three different embellies (brads, metal embellies, lace).  I only managed two patterned papers unless one counts the patterning I did myself for the background to my image so I’m not counting that one.

The stamped sentiment is why I use digis so much; I am a shocker stamper hence the rather fuzzy ‘birthday’!  It would also have been good if the ‘wishes’ sticker was printed in grey but my stash is only so deep.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes E25
Lips R46
Hair E23, E25, E27, E29
Dress N0, N1, N2, N4
Moon C00, C1, C3, 0
Chalks & Powders etc
Pebbles Metallic Cream Chalk – Grey
Dies, SVGs & Templates etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities – 5x7 Matting Basics
Embellishments
Creative Memories Clear Sticker
FabScraps Filigree Embellishment – Old Silver
Making Memories – Pearl Brads
Papermania Chronology – Gears
Prima Finnabair Vintage Mechanicals – Large Flowers & Roses
Tim Holtz Idea-ology – Foliage & Sprocket Gears
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Iced Spruce, Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Papers
Bazzill Cardstock – Smokey
Magnolia Sweet Crazy Love – Calla of Paris & Eau de Cologne
Ribbons & Trims etc
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous take on our sketch! Love the image you chose, your coloring, the color palette, the distressing & Frantage, and your wonderful embellies! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Friday Sketch! Hope to see you again soon! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, love the stamp and the colouring is fabulous. Thank you for joining us at Friday Sketch! Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card LOVE this Steampunk line!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work and such a great layout! They gray tones just make it all the more elegant.
    Thanks for playing along with the Die Cut Diva's

    ReplyDelete
  5. just beautiful. So pleased you have joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful. Love the use of your gray colors. Gorgeous. Elegant.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: