Followers

Tuesday 4 February 2014

A shrimp dropped down my Kamali


I have a fun card to share featuring an new image from Simply B Stamps, Betty Day-O, my first Halloween card for the year.


So I have to confess I’ve never seen Beetlejuice so I don’t understand the name of this stamp when the character is Delia Deetz but I  do get that this image is cool, perfect for an 80’s themed birthday party or any child of the 80’s or, like my card, Halloween themed.  And being a bit 80’s, you know I just had to have loads of layers and the current sketch at Chocolate, Coffee & Cards was just perfect for that.  I did swap out the oval element for a chipboard shape that is all pointy, it just seemed to suit the image better.

I did Google to find out about Delia Deetz and this image is from the dinner party scene where the shrimp and the guests are possessed.  Kinda creepy but the image is so cute so I’ve gone with a mix of cute and creepy (creepy themed images but cutely done) on my card.  Think I’m covered then for the current Left of Center challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53 (E02 cheeks)
Eyes BG53, BG57, 0
Lips R17, R24, R27
Hair E08, E18, E93, E95
Outfit N4, N6, N8, 100
Shrimp R000, R00, R02
Bowl Y13, Y15, Y17
Embellishments
BoBunny Whoo-ligans – Chipboard
Inks & Paints etc
Tim Holtz Distress Ink – Black Soot & Tea Dye
Papers
DCWV Cardstock – Witches’ Brew
Echo Park Summer Days – Orange
Stamps
Challenges


Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Fab coloring and card... LOVE It
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous as always Emily thanks for joining us at Left Of Centre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Emily!!! I love Beetlejuice - stunned that you've never seen it!!! Dig out the popcorn and have a sit down! Love your colouring and love your take on the sketch! Thanks for sharing at Left of Center this fortnight! Mo dt x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: