Followers

Wednesday 20 November 2013

Tumbling Down Stairs

Today I’m showcasing the final image in the Alice in Wonderland Steampunk Style collection from Simply B Stamps, Down the Rabbit Hole.

 
I wanted to try a different kind of fold on this card and found a tutorial for an origami fold card on Splitcoast Stampers so thought I’d try it out.  It creates a card and envelope in one that neatly hides the treasures inside, you could even say it is a little bit mysterious!


You don’t even get to the heart of this card from the first part of opening it but, on my version, you do get your second hint of what’s inside with another version of the White Rabbit, this time a stamped one.  I cropped this image out of the Clever Little Alice image, also from the Alice in Wonderland Steampunk collection.


As you can from the close-up picture above, I left the area around the image plain as I tried out all manner of embellishments but nothing looked right and I realised that was because I didn’t want anything calling attention away from the gorgeous image.  So instead I’ve embellished on the panels around the image and carried the theme of the bow and White Rabbit charm from the “envelope”.

With all my metal embellishments I’m entering this in the current challenge at Robyn’s Fetish and with my sparkly bows I’m also linking it up at the challenge at Paper Playtime.  I’m also hoping that this is mysterious enough to qualify for the current Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge where I’m also entering it.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E50, E51, E53, (cheeks & lips R02)
Hair Y00, Y21, Y23, Y26, Y28
Outfit B91, B93, B95, B97, B99, N0, N1, N2
Background E40, E42, E44, E47, E49
Dies & SVG Cuts etc
Spellbinders Nestabilities Classic Squares
Embellishments
Prima Say it in Crystals – Black
Tim Holtz Ideaology – Gears
Watch parts from stash
Inks & Paints etc
Pebbles Chalk – Pearlescent Brown & Metallic Green
Papers
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card and fab charm thanks for joining us at Robyn's Fetish use real or faux metal, good luck, cheers Sue N x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a fun mysterious project! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful... thanks for playing along with us at Paper Playtime!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card and so perfect for the challenge!!! Absolutely fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Emily, I just LOVE this! What a fab fold and delightful surprise when it's all opened up. Gotta go check out how to make this. xxD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: