Followers

Sunday 3 November 2013

Join the Owl and the Pussy-cat and Wolfie too on a Ghoulvember Adventure


What’s Ghoulvember?  It’s when all those Halloween projects that didn’t get finished before the end of Spooktober come out to play.  And my first one features three very cute little spooks from the Jude and the Little Rockers collection at Simply B Stamps; meet Wolfie Ariel and Who You Lookin' At Brittany.  And from the Teen Scene Trick or Treat collection, we have Meowie London.


Day 13 of the 13 Days of Halloween at Simply B Stamps called for merging your ghouls and making them black and white and one other colour, as you can see I picked orange for my other colour.  Not only did I merge my cute little ghouls but I also used the cauldron from the Cacklin' London image to give them something to be huddled around and flipped Meowie London to help them look more like a naturally grouped trio.

I followed the current sketch at Sweet Sketch Wednesday to make my card using the debossed border pattern from a sheet of DCWV Witches’ Brew paper as one of my elements and some gems to add some bling for the other lines.  My background paper is an off-white but harsh white wasn’t going to suit the image, I’m hoping it looks like eerie moonlight, perfect atmosphere for a coven of cuties to meet in.  To add some interest to the background, I cut my Nestie out and framed the embossed clock on a piece of Core’dinations cardstock (this can't be seen in the pic but there's a clock shape around Brittany's head).

Although there’s some white in this it is also predominately black and orange so I’m also linking my card up at the current Digi Haven challenge.

Ingredients:
Copics 
W00, W1, W3, W5, W7, YR12, YR14, YR16, YR68 
Dies 
Spellbinders Nestabilities Opulent Ovals 
Embellishments 
Webster’s Pages Gems – Palm Beach 
Papers 
Carta Bella All Hallow’s Eve – Marshmallow/Kraft 
DCWV Witches’ Brew 
Stamps 
Simply B Stamps Wolfie Ariel 
Challenges 
Digi Haven – Orange and Black
Simply B Stamps 13 Days of Halloween Day 13 – Merge your ghouls and make them black and white and one other colour
Sweet Sketch Wednesday #230


Update: My little card got a top 3 placing at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!


Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Thanks for joining at Digi Haven: Orange and Black
    Hugs
    Dewi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh...I love this. The black, white and grays with the touch of orange is wonderful. Great work and such a great looking card and image.
    Thanks for joining us.
    Hugs, Heide SSw-DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooooo, spoooooky!!! Love the colors, so perfect for Halloween. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is FAN-tastic. Really fantastic. I love the look of the B/W and then the pop of colors. The sparkle and that image ... just perfect! Thanks for sharing this with us.
    ~Jo, SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emily what an amazing Halloween card, it looks brilliant. Love the black back ground and your wonderful images. Love your colours and added embellishments. Great card and thanks so much for sharing it with us over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.
    Hugs
    Kathie SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what an amazing card. I love the black and grays....and the pop of orange. Sooo perfect! Your image is colored beautifully. Thanks for joining us.
    Nancy SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooohhh how fun! LOVE how you've colored these fun gals! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this!! Love the black with a bit of orange... Love the popped image... This card Screams Happy Halloween!!
    So glad to have you join us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday!!
    Blessings to you!!
    Sally SSW-DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: