Followers

Friday 6 September 2013

Warað Hine Wræclast


It’s challenge time again at Simply Challenged Challenges and this time the theme is layers.  My card features Jude Spook from the awesome A Roberts Halloween collection at Simply B Stamps, a gorgeous collection of Betty’s family all dressed up for Halloween as drawn by the talented Abigail Larson.
























For my layers I decided to try distressing, I have a distressing tool somewhere packed away so I had to stick with a file (the round one I use to sharpen my scissors) and an emery board.  The ‘dirty’ look to the Black Widow paper collection from We R Memory Keepers worked well for the feel I was going for with my card.  I’ve also got layers on my flower, which actually started out life looking quite pretty but which I also distressed.  I couldn’t get the file to do much on the thick mulberry paper so I snipped the edges of the petals with scissors then attacked them with the file before spritzing with Smooch and adding Distress Ink to the edges.

To make up my card I followed the current sketch at Feeling Sketchy.  With the oranges and browns I’m entering it in the current My Sheri Crafts challenge.  As Jude looks like he could have wandered out of your nightmare I’m also entering my card at the Time 4 Scrap challenge.

And, in case you’re wondering, the title of my post is a quote from the Anglo-Saxon poem, The Wanderer, with his pumpkin light and long cloak Jude reminded me of a wanderer out alone in the dark so the quote seemed quite fitting.

Ingredients:
Copics
Skin E30, E40, E50, N0
Eyes E25
Lips E11
Hair, Cape (outside) & Shoes T6, T8, T10, 100
Cape (inside) & Pumpkin YR12, YR14, YR15, YR16
Pumpkin G21, G24, G28
Shirt N0, N1, N2, N4
Crook E23, E25, E27
Chalks & Inks etc
Pebbles Cream Chalks – Metallics
Smooch Spritz Gingersnap & Log Cabin
Tim Holtz Distress Inks – Black Soot, Tea Dye & Walnut Stain
Embellishments
American Crafts Flower Shoppe – Irene
Papers
Core’dinations Cardstock – Grey
We R Memory Keepers Black Widow – Frightful, Happy Halloween & Screech
Stamps
Challenges

Thanks for stopping by!


10 comments:

  1. Your distressing just ROCKS! and I love your glowing pumpkin and fab swirly background. Super card, Emily! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily,
    This is a great card to link up with us over at My Sheri Crafts this week. Like the stamp and your colouring in is wonderful.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tout simplement magnifique, des couleurs automnales à merveilles plutôt un rêve, non ? Quoique la faux fait partie des cauchemars, oui ?
    Merci pour ta participation, bises
    Nathy DT/T4S

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really great. Awesome details.....
    Thanks for joining us at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have to say that despite the scary background paper, your witch is quite adorable! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Card! You always have Great Quotes! Looove the Background and a Great use of all those Layers even in the Flower!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cool card! I love all those distressed edged layers! Super digi! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Emily love that spooky looking background beautifully colored as always.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card Emily. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining us at Feeling Sketchy with this amazing card! Love all your aging of pp's Emily & fantastic image.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate you taking the time to let me know your thoughts (c: